Ground Nutmeg & Mace
PURE AND PLANT BASED
Our pure, all-natural Nutmeg comes straight from the Myristica fragrans tree in Grenada and Indonesia without additives or preservatives for a warm, nutty, slight sweet taste that adds spice to pumpkins, enhances eggnogs, and transforms baked goods into festive treats. Nutmeg turns everyday cooking into something celebratory. Luckily, you can enjoy our tasty, high-quality Nutmeg, in all of your recipes.
Our pure, all-natural Mace straight from Myristica fragrans tree in Grenada and Indonesia, isn’t related to the peppery self defence spray of the same name, though it does contain notes of pepper and cinnamon. Similar to Nutmeg though slightly less sweet, its woody, warm flavour adds a kick to spice blends, baked goods, soups, and sauces. Without it, Caribbean cooking wouldn’t be the same, and fish dishes would miss out on an opportunity to become something special. Luckily, you can enjoy our tasty, high-quality Mace, in all of your recipes.
NUTMEG HEALTH BENEFITS
- Contains powerful antioxidants to prevent free radical damage
- Rich in anti-inflammatory compounds to reduce inflammation and pain
- Has antibacterial properties which may help fight off infection and improve oral health
- May lower blood pressure-Nutmeg is full of vitamins and minerals such as magnesium, calcium, and potassium which are key minerals in reducing hypertension
- May improve heart health and blood sugar control
- Aids digestion
- Mood booster: Chemicals in this spice can help release feel-good hormones in the body
- Detoxification: Myrislignan, found in Nutmeg can help the aid the liver in detoxification
MACE HEALTH BENEFITS
- Eases Digestive Stress: Such as diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, stomach spasms and pain, and intestinal gas
- Cancer Prevention: Certain studies show the compound myristicin found in mace inhibits the growth of colon cancer cells
- Natural Mood Booster: Mace may alleviate some depressive symptoms by naturally boosting serotonin
- Pain relief: The essential oil in Mace is often used as a topical pain reliever for joint and muscle pain
- Anti-bacterial: Helps eliminate bad breath by killing oral bacteria
- High in antioxidants and minerals for detoxification, improved immunity
- Cooking: Use in mulled wine, pumpkin pie spice, eggnog, baking, cream sauces, seafood dishes, meat and vegetable dishes.
- Skin-care: Add nutmeg to honey for an antimicrobial face scrub to help get rid of blackheads.
- Breath Freshener: Nutmeg contains Macelignan, which is said to help prevent cavities and fight the bacteria that causes bad breath.
- Hair care: Found in some shampoos, its antimicrobial actions can unclog the scalp helping with dandruff and hair growth.
- Cooking: Seafood, Caribbean dishes, meat dishes, spice cake and other baked goods, masalas and other sauces, pumpkin pie spice, and other spice blends.
- Self-care: Use on skin topically to reduce pain, or mix with toothpaste to prevent cavities and kill oral bacteria for fresh breath.
MANUFACTURED AND SOURCED IN CANADA
At Nuleena Foods, our mission is to deliver the best quality and flavour to home cooks and modern chefs. Close relationships with our suppliers allow us to verify quality and purity standards are met at each step in the production process. We work alongside our trusted farmers to bring you the freshest, best tasting products.
LOVE IT OR YOUR MONEY BACK
If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase for any reason, just email us and we'll refund your order in full, no questions asked!