A crusty and wholesome sweet breakfast bread with the goodness of flaxseeds, zucchini, and pecans.
What You’ll Need:
- Large bowl
- Medium bowl
- Loaf pan
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Whole wheat flour
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup ground flaxseed
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup vanilla low-fat yogurt
- ¼ cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 egg
- Cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups.
- Wash and grate the zucchini.
- Spread the zucchini into several layers of paper towels or a clean cloth.
- Press down firmly to remove excess liquid.
- Coat a loaf pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flours, granulated sugar, ground flaxseed, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ground cinnamon, and ground nutmeg. Stir well with a whisk.
- In another medium bowl, combine yogurt, egg, oil, and vanilla extract, stirring well with a whisk.
- Add in the zucchini and chopped pecans into the wet mixture.
- Pour in the wet mixture into the dry flour mixture and stir continuously to avoid any lumps. Once mixed, pour the batter into the oil-coated loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 F for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Once baked, cool the bread in the pan for 10 minutes on a wire rack.
- After cooling, remove it from the pan, place it on a wire rack.