A kebab recipe made with homemade tandoori spice, tofu, and vegetables. Best served with green chutney.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 big bowl
- 1 whisk
- 1 small pan
- Baking sheet
- 2 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tbsp ground allspice
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp kashmiri chilli powder
- 100 grams firm tofu
- 3 small potatoes peeled
- 2 carrots peeled
- 1 cup green peas
- 1 red onion
- ¼ cup greek yogurt
- ¼ cup All purpose flour
- 3 tbsp semolina
- ¼ cup oil
- Salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Slice the tofu and arrange in a single layer on a foil lined baking sheet coated with oil.
- Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 mins or until the tofu releases 2-3 tbsp of liquid.
- Finely chop the onion.
- Cook the potatoes, carrots and peas until just crisp. Make sure that the potatoes are not overcooked.
- Cool the vegetables. Mash the vegetables
- In a big bowl, combine coriander, cumin, garlic, ginger, allspice, black pepper and kashmiori chilli powder.
- Add the greek yogurt and mix well to make a smooth paste.
- Crumble the tofu and vegetable mash into the tandoori mix.
- Add about ¼ cup of all purpose flour and semolina.
- Add salt to taste.
- Roll the mixture into small size balls and flatten the mix to form kebabs.
- Shallow fry the kebabs on medium flame till it turns golden brown on both sides.
- For baking, place the flatten kebabs on a baking tray and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 15-20 mins in a preheated oven.
- Serve with green chutney.