A simple stir fry recipe with sweet, spicy and nutty flavours.
What You’ll Need:
- Mixing bowl
- 1 lb. Chicken thigh
- 2 tbsp Soya sauce
- 1tbsp Cooking wine
- 4 tsp Cornstarch
- 1tsp salt
- 1 tbsp Chinese vinegar
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 10-15 Dried chili peppers
- 1 tbsp Sichuan peppercorns
- 2 bunch Scallions
- ½ cup Roasted peanuts
- Wash and cut the chicken into bite-size pieces.
- In a mixing bowl, marinate the chicken with soya sauce, cooking wine, 2 tsp. of cornstarch and salt. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- In the meantime, thoroughly wash the scallions and cut the scallions into 2-inch pieces.
- In another bowl, whisk together Chinese vinegar and 2 tsp. of cornstarch to make a slurry.
- In a wok, heat oil on medium-high flame and add in the Sichuan peppercorns and chili peppers.
- Roast for about 5-7 minutes, till fragrant.
- Add the marinated chicken to the wok and cook till golden brown.
- Add in the scallions and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Into this add in the Chinese vinegar and cornstarch slurry and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Then add in the slurry and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Finally, add roasted peanuts to this.
Delicious Kung Pao Chicken is ready to be eaten with a steaming bowl of rice.