This vegetable bean combination served over couscous makes a meal with rich flavours of the Middle East.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 big bowl
- Grill or grill pan
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 small green bell pepper, quartered
- 1 small red bell pepper, quartered
- 1 small red onion, cut into ¼-inch thick slices
- 1 cup water
- ¾ cup uncooked couscous
- ¾ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ tsp hot sauce
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground pepper
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small can chickpeas(garbanzo beans)
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- Cooking spray or oil
- Heat the grill.
- Wash and cut the zucchini and eggplant lengthwise into ¼ inch thick slices.
- Place zucchini, eggplants, bell peppers, and onion on a grill rack coated with cooking spray.
- Grill each side for 3 minutes or until well browned.
- Remove vegetables to a chopping board and let them cool.
- Chop the vegetables. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a saucepan, bring water to a boil.
- Stir in the couscous along with hot pepper sauce, salt, ground black pepper, ground cumin and ground cinnamon.
- Cover for about 2 mins and remove from heat.
- Let it stand for 5 mins.
- Fluff the couscous using a spoon.
- Add couscous tomatoes, fresh lemon juice, chopped cilantro, extra virgin olive oil and chickpeas to the vegetable mix. Toss well.
- Sprinkle every serving with cheese.