Salsa made with pineapples marinated with curry powder and grilled. This enhances the taste and gives a smoky taste to the dish.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 big bowl
- Grill or grill pan
- 1 pineapple
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1 firm tomato
- 2 green chilies
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¼ bunch mint
- Handful of coriander
- Juice of 1 lime
- Wash the pineapple and remove the skin. Cut the narrow wedge-shaped grooves to remove as many eyes as possible.
- Remove the core and then cut the pineapple into 1/4th inch thick slices
- Freshly squeeze the lime juice.
- Marinate the pineapple with curry powder and lime juice.
- Refrigerate for about 1-2 hours.
- Wash all vegetables.
- Peel and finely chop the onions.
- Deseed the tomatoes and chop it into small dice.
- Finely chop the coriander, mint leaves, and green chillies. (You can use jalapenos instead of green chilies)
- Peel the garlic and cut it into fine slivers.
- Grill the pineapple slices till slightly charred. Set aside the slices until completely cooled.
- Cut the grilled pineapple into medium pieces.
- In a bowl mix all the ingredients together. Season well.
- Serve with chips for a crunchy sweet and sour snack.