A hearty and wholesome meal one-pot vegan coconut turmeric curry preparation with cauliflower and quinoa.
What You’ll Need:
- Non-stick pan
- 1 cup cauliflower
- ½ cup quinoa
- 1 cups coconut milk
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 2 raw shallots
- 2 whole green chilies
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- ½ tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 tbsp turmeric powder
- To taste salt
- 2 bay leaf
- 5-6 whole peppercorns
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- ¼ cup chopped coriander
- Cut the cauliflower into florets and allow them to soak in salt and turmeric water.
- Finely chop the shallots and green chilies.
- Pre-wash the quinoa in cold running water 3-4 times. Set aside.
- In a non-stick pot, heat coconut oil on medium flame. Once the oil is heated, temper the oil with cumin seeds, bay leaf, and peppercorns. Let it sizzle.
- Into the oil, add the finely chopped shallots and sauté until golden brown.
- After this add the ginger garlic paste and cook for 5 minutes. Sauté until the raw ginger smell is gone.
- Now add in the green chilies and tomato paste. Cook until the oil separates.
- Add in the turmeric powder and poppy seeds.
- Add a little water to avoid burning the powders.
- Strain the cauliflower and the pre-washed quinoa into the pot. Cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the coconut milk, 1 cup of water, and salt.
- Let it simmer for 10-15 minutes on medium flame or until the cauliflower is cooked.