An easy version of a french coffee dessert with a slight hint of cinnamon.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 bowl
- 1 whisk or hand blender
- Ramekins to set the dessert.
- ¼ cup whipping cream
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 cup espresso (or strong coffee concoction)
- 2 tbsp cinnamon powder
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- 2 sheets/20 grams gelatin
- Bring milk to a simmer for 5 minutes. Do not let the milk boil. Take it off the flame and let it cool.
- In a bowl whisk together sugar and eggs using a spatula or whisk.
- Slowly add the milk to the sugar and egg mixture. Stir constantly to avoid the formation of lumps.
- Boil water in a large pan and find a glass or metal bowl to form a double boiler.
- Slowly cook this mixture in a double-boiler on medium heat till thickened. This will take about 10 mins.
- The mixture should thicken about custard consistency. Let it cool to room temperature.
- Soak the gelatin in lukewarm water. Keep aside.
- Make a strong espresso for flavor.
- Add the coffee, cinnamon, vanilla essence, and gelatin to the milk-egg-sugar custard.
- Strain the custard for a smooth texture.
- Pour the custard into desired bowls or ramekins of choice.
- Set in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Add the whipping cream to a bowl and whip using either a hand blender or whisk. Add in little sugar. Whip until firm consistency.
- Before serving add the whipped cream and garnish with coffee beans or cinnamon powder.