If your pantry is stocked with high-quality Nuleena spices, you may have a secret weapon to weight loss right in your cupboards! That’s because herbs and spices add amazing flavour to dishes for virtually no calories. In addition, herbs such as fennel aid digestion and curb appetite which is a bonus when trying to follow a healthy eating plan. Other spices help with weight loss and healthy eating as well. Read on to learn the best spices for weight loss and how to make healthy recipes delicious!
How spices help with weight loss
Spices help with weight loss because they add flavour to healthy recipes with virtually no calories. For the most part spices are calorie free, and unlike salt herbs have a broader flavour profile, and include additional health benefits. Spices may also help with weight loss by:
- Curbing appetite
- Lowering blood sugar
- Boosting fat loss
- Reducing Inflammation
What are the best spices for weight loss?
According to healthline.com the spices that curb appetite, lower blood sugar and boost fat loss include:
- Fenugreek- Several studies have found that fenugreek may help control appetite to support weight loss.
- Cayenne- Cayenne contains capsaicin, which studies show increases metabolism and reduces hunger.
- Ginger- One review showed that supplementing with ginger significantly decreased both body weight and belly fat. Ginger may increase metabolism and fat burning, decrease fat absorption and appetite.
- Cinnamon- lowers blood sugar and the glycemic index of foods. It also helps reduce hunger.
- Turmeric- contains curcumin, which has been studied extensively for its effects on everything from inflammation to weight loss.
- Oregano- contains carvacrol, a powerful compound that may help boost weight loss by controlling how they body breaks down fat.
Spice it Up!
Add these calorie free health and weight loss boosters to your favourite recipes:
- Try cinnamon in oatmeal to lower the glycemic load, on apples and even your favourite meats.
- Add ginger to your favourite stir-fries, soups and fish.
- Add cayenne pepper to your favourite egg dishes, and meat dishes.
- Add turmeric to your healthy smoothie recipe for an extra weight loss boost or try our lovely turmeric ginger lemonade to use two of the herbs on our list.
Did you know?
Though grilling is a low-fat way of cooking, this high heat method of cooking is known for producing carcinogens. Adding spices such as rosemary and thyme to meat before grilling it can protect you from the harmful effects of carcinogens created by high heat cooking, especially when paired with lemon.
There you have it! The easy, secret to weight loss has been in your cupboards all along! Get cooking today and add spices to all your dishes for flavour, weight loss and more importantly good health.